Triple J's Smokehouse

3/7/13 12:13 - A guy in line at Burns told me I should try Triple Js. A very good tip. I was near the area around lunch time so I stopped by.

I scored Triple Js an 89 out of 100 - This is Reserve Grand Champion Texas Barbecue. Borderline Grand Champion.

Smoke: Post Oak - I spotted a smoke stack next to the exhaust vent. Website has racks that look like Ferris wheel racks. Wood stack was almost gone. Due to the intense smoke flavor, there is evidence that this is real pit barbecue.

Brisket: Very Good. Snap apart tender. No knife needed. Near perfect tenderness. 1/8 smoke ring with beautiful black bark. Hard to get bark like that with rotisserie. Full smoke flavor. No sauce needed but was a little dry.

Ribs: Excellent. Finally get to sink my teeth into some big huge meaty ribs! Clean bite, soft as cake, clean bone, near perfect tender. Nice crust with subtle rub spices. Good smoke and natural pork flavor. No sauce needed at all.

Sausage: Very Good. Fine ground pork sausage with great spice flavor and mild after taste. I enjoyed this sausage very much. Good smoke. There was some mysterious magic flavor that I could not identify. No sauce needed.

Sauce: Good. A sweet sweet brown sugar flavored thin vinegar tomato red sauce. Nothing here needs sauce but don't skip it or you will miss out on some great flavor.


PS: Ask "Are those pinto beans?" Reply "Yes they are". Turned out to be baked beans which I hate but wow this were really good baked beans. Potato salad was very good also.
Triple J's Smokehouse on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment