Virgie's Bar-B-Que

5/9/13 11:31am - Still serving 5 star BBQ. It has been a year since I started this BBQ nonsense. Virgies was my first review and the first to suffer my scoring system. My scoring system has evolved a little since last year. I have sampled many BBQ joints since. So how did Virgie's measure up one year later......

I re-scored Virgie's a 93 out of 100. This is still Grand Champion Texas BBQ.

Smoke: Oak & Pecan. REAL PIT makes a difference. Virgies is still smokin! I got my order to go and I could smell the smoke before I open the container. In a Houston smoke desert, Virgie's is an oasis.

Brisket: Excellent. This may be the be slice of brisket in Houston. 1/4" smoke ring. Beautiful black bark with subtle rub. FULL smoke flavor (Heaven!). A little bite of smokey fat and I forgot my name. Snap apart tender, no knife needed. No sauce needed at all.

Ribs: Very Good. Tender, clean bite, clean bone, a little tearing of bark. Big meaty pork rib with beautiful black crust and rosy ring. Could not detect a rub. FULL smoke flavor. No sauce needed.

Sausage: Very Good. After sampling so many, this sausage is definitely above average. Traditional strong spiced course ground pork/beef link. Great strong peppery after taste. No sauce needed.

Sauce: Very Good. Sweet. Honey sweet, mild tangyness. Good flavor, but what makes this sauce great is how it makes great BBQ taste even better. Nothing here
needs the sauce but you will dip every bite in this stuff.

Virgie's BBQ on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment