The County Line

5/8/13 12:10pm - It has been a long time since I visited this location, it will be a long time before I return. This is typical Houston gas fired barbecue.

I scored The County Line a 68 out of 100. This is Bum Steer BBQ.

Smoke: Website says oak. Could not find a stack anywhere which would explain its absence on the barbecue. There is an embarrassing video where Paula Dean's sons help load the Southern Pride gas oven. Are you kidding me? This is their Texas barbecue experience? They should edit that stupid film and remove all references to Texas.

Brisket: Good. They got the tenderness part right. Barely 1/8in smoke ring and no bark. It was tasteless and smokeless roast beef. Use the sauce.

Ribs: Poor. You can get better pork ribs at Chili's. Seriously, I could have made these ribs in a crock pot. Use the sauce.

Sausage: Good. Nothing special. Use the sauce.

Sauce: Good. Average tomato vinegar based sauce. Drown the whole plate in it. They also had a "Pork Sauce". It was weird. My first thought was Orange Juice.
The waitress confirmed it. I hated it.

The County Line BBQ on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment